We possess ISO 14001 Environmental Management Certification.
Our team of environmental professionals provide expert environmental impact assessment advice and services across the entire asset lifecycle to ensure environmental, heritage and development approvals are in place, are delivered in compliance with regulatory requirements, and achieve sustainable outcomes that meet customer expectations for the minimisation of impacts.
They have extensive knowledge and experience in the project delivery lifecycle from an environmental management perspective.
Our environmental professionals hold tertiary qualifications in a science or environmental discipline and have at least five years’ experience in the assessment and delivery of projects within and external to SA Water.
Each Environmental Impact Assessment Officer has the following key accountabilities:
- management of environmental, heritage and development approvals
- management of environmental and heritage assessments
- review of Environmental Management Plans to ensure identified risks and approval conditions are being managed appropriately
- conduct project inspections and audits as determined by risk to ensure management plans are effectively implemented and outcomes are clearly
conveyed to our project managers and sub-contractors
- implementation and maintenance of Best Practice Operating Procedures align to regulatory requirements
- provide water discharge and native vegetation clearance approvals and advice to ensure compliance of activities
- provision of external notifications, approvals and reports to regulatory bodies as required.